A brief overview of Samsung SCX-4100, Samsung SCX-4100 is backed by a power adapter that requires a frequency of 50/60 Hz. It consumes 300 watt when operating and 10 watt when in sleep mode. Its copier works at a speed of 15 pages per minute and comes with a maximum copying resolution of 600 x 600 dpi. It warms up in 35 seconds and has 25 grayscale half-tones.
Its maximum document enlargement level is 200% and its maximum document reduction level is 50%. The copier has three exposure modes namely text, photo, and text and photo. Samsung SCX-4100 prints out black and white documents only at a speed of 15 pages per minute.
Its maximum printing resolution is 600 x 600 dpi. The unit also comes with a scanner that has a maximum optical resolution of 600 x 600 dpi, which can be interpolated to 4800 x 4800 dpi. The unit is of 16.6 inch width, 15.7 inch depth, 9.4 inch height, and 21.16 lbs weight.
Related Driver: Samsung ML-5510ND Driver for Windows
Samsung SCX-4100 emits 38 dBA noise when idle and 49 dBA when operating. It comes with software such as drivers and utilities and SmarThru4. It is compatible with SuSE Linux, Red Hat Linux, Mandrake Linux, MS Windows XP, MS Windows NT 4.0, MS Windows ME, MS Windows 98, MS Windows 95, MS Windows 2000, TurboLinux, and Caldera OpenLinux.
Samsung SCX-4100 Operating System Compatibility:
- Debian GNU/Linux 6.0
- Debian GNU/Linux 7.0
- Fedora 13-19
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 Desktop (x86)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 Desktop (x86-64)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 Server (Itanium)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 Server (x86)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 Server (x86-64)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 Server (x86)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 Server (x86-64)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 Workstation (x86)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 Workstation (x86-64)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 Server
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 10
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11 (x86)
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11 (x86-64)
- Ubuntu 10.04 LT (x86)
- Ubuntu 10.04 LTS (AMD64/EM64T)
- Ubuntu 10.10 (AMD64/EM64T)
- Ubuntu 10.10 (x86)
- Ubuntu 11.04, 11.10, 12.04, 12.10, 13.10
- Ubuntu 14.04 LTS (x86-64)
- openSUSE 11.1, 11.3, 12.1, 12.3
|Samsung Linux Print and Scan Driver|
Manual Installation of Samsung SCX-4100 DriverFor your printer to properly work, the driver for the printer must be set up first. You can follow the steps provided below on a computer running on Microsoft Windows.
- Once the download completes, you can begin the process of installing the Samsung SCX-4100 driver on your computer. Find out where the downloaded file is stored. Once you find the file, click on it. Hint: A driver file’s name typically ends with .exe.
- You can either double-click on the file or right-click on it then choose “Run as Administrator”. Wait for some time while the Samsung SCX-4100 driver file is being extracted. Once the extraction completes, you can move on to the next step.
- The installation process should commence at this point, if you had followed all of the instructions given on the computer screen. You must follow all of the instructions to properly install the driver on your computer.
- Once the installation process completes, your Samsung SCX-4100 is up and ready to use.
Make sure that you follow all of the following steps in order that the Samsung SCX-4100 driver can be uninstalled from your computer.
- Find the Start menu on your computer and click on it.
- Find the menu of Control Panel or look for an icon indicating it. You can also type “control panel” on the available search bar. Find the “Program” menu and select “Uninstall and Application”.
- A list of applications installed on your computer should appear. Look for the Samsung SCX-4100 driver. You can also type the name of the application on the available search bar.
- Double-click on the Samsung SCX-4100 and select “Uninstall/Change” option. Further instructions will pop up on the screen for you to follow properly.